The WBDL Journey – Victor Okwui Uloko

Name:

Victor Okwui Uloko

Position:

Supervisor

What was the best thing about your studies? The best thing I studied was time management and integrated Professional Experience (managing conflict in the workplace).  These topics nurtured me on how to handle things professionally and manage my tasks by prioritising them ahead of other tasks which I am utilising in all life facets. The course with the University of Lincoln did propel me in pursuing MSc in Project Management with an online University in the UK. I would not have been confident enough to pursue MSc Project Management if I had not done an online degree programme with the University of Lincoln. The flexible degree programme offered at the University of Lincoln made this possible.

We plan the degree to be flexible, did this help you?

The degree was planned with simplicity and flexibility that allowed students to have enough time to study and submit their assignments without overwhelming them with tasks

How has/will the programme help you in your career?

The programme has equipped me with the integrated professional experience where is needed to curb unforeseen challenges and to take the right decision-making where appropriate.

How did you find  delivery?

The online books, library and the devised e-book platform where varieties of textbooks could be found. A cost-effective and resourceful method of supporting students. The tutors were dedicating and supportive, Mrs Tracy Lamping, my first module tutor was a source of courage as she nurtured me through my studies, thus apprehension and anxieties dissipated she is an impeccable tutor. The technological aspect of aiding distance learning has made distance learning accessible to those like us that cannot attend classes and work at the same time. it has given us the ability to study whilst we work through technological advancement. 

How did you balance home, study and work life?

Time management has been a major factor that has to enhance me in curbing and managing tasks without lapses in many facets of life be it family, job and social engagements.