LIBS Students Share Their Placement Stories

Lincoln International Business School students have been in touch to share their good new stories regarding their placements and internships. Find out what they had to say below.

Patrick Haze Barco:

Patrick has secured a placement at NHS Lincolnshire CCG. He said:

“The NHS Lincolnshire CCG is a company in the NHS that is responsible mostly with buying and distributing healthcare services for the people in Lincolnshire.

“I have been hired as a Student Finance Team member after getting interviewed by the Deputy Chief Office, Line Manager, and one of the Student Finance Team members.

“My job is to provide support to the Finance team in providing financial analysis, financial reporting, and advice to assist in the delivery of the CCG’s overarching plans in delivering cost-effective health services to the people in Lincolnshire.

“This placement suits my degree as I know that this will be relevant to the career that I wanted to pursue.”

Patrick Haze Barco
Patrick Haze Barco

Saida Acugba:

Saida has started a summer internship at the National Audit Office. She explains:

“National Audit Office (NAO) is an independent public body which audits 370 individual public accounts and adds value to the government.

“I applied to the NAO summer internship because I want to be part of the meaningful work and contribute towards public service improvement. Moreover, I believe that this summer internship is an excellent opportunity for my career development and expanding my network.

“It is a two-month placement which will provide me with invaluable insight into the Financial Audit and cross-government Value for Money departments.

“This will involve working alongside talented professionals, shadowing auditors and learning more about government. Also, NAO will be providing us with a range of training courses, networking opportunities and teamwork.

“I am grateful for being chosen for this summer placement! Due to the current situation, our summer intern team of 10 will be working from home.

“NAO has been working hard to adapt to the current situation and has provided us with personal work laptops.

“Moreover, our work schedule is very exciting as it is full of diverse tasks and activities. For example, next week we will have a virtual tour of the Parliament and opportunity to meet Lord Bichard!

“I am looking forward to the upcoming work and enthusiastic to learn more.”

Saida Acugba
Saida Acugba

Chloe E Morgan-Lister:

Chloe had a successful placement at PwC and has received a graduate programme offer after completing her studies. She said:

“During my first year of studying Accountancy and Finance at the University of Lincoln, I was successfully offered a three-day paid placement at PwC, one of the leading accounting firms in the world, as part of their “Women in Business” placement.

“My time on this placement was incredibly insightful, as it gave me the opportunity to tour different departments around the company and gain a deeper understanding of the work environment I was hoping to join.

“After completing my placement, I was contacted by a student recruiter who asked whether I would like to join their 2020 summer internship scheme and work alongside their Audit team in London. I was delighted to receive the offer and gladly accepted.

“Unfortunately, due to the global outbreak of Covid-19, the summer internship was cancelled. Nonetheless, I have recently accepted an offer to join their London Audit team as a graduate in Autumn 2021, subject to achieving an Upper Second-Class Honours degree.

“The graduate programme is a 3-year programme, which then turns into a full-time job, within the Audit department in London. I will be competing my ICAEW exams and working towards becoming a chartered accountant with PwC whilst working full-time as a graduate gaining valuable experience.

“I am going into my final year of study in October and I am thrilled to begin my career with PwC next year.”

Chloe E Morgan-Lister
Chloe E Morgan-Lister