Sir Donald Brydon Delivers Speech and Interactive Q&A Session for LIBS Students

Sir Donald Brydon, Author of the 2019 independent report into the ‘Quality and Effectiveness of Audit’, Delivers Speech and Interactive Q&A session for Lincoln Business School students. 

Over 130 students and staff from the Lincoln International Business School, along with ICAEW Chartered Accountants, attended the virtual event on the 18th November, organised by the ICAEW Nottingham, Derby and Lincoln District Committee’s Vice President and Senior Lecturer, Catriona Hyde.

Sir Donald, Chairman of the Sage Group and former Chairman of the London Stock Exchange and Royal Mail Group, was able to provide the audience with interesting, timely and informative insights about the future of the auditing and wider accountancy profession having published his government commissioned report in December 2019.

As the only UK University to have the pleasure of hosting Sir Donald, our students were provided with a unique learning experience.

Dr Craig Marsh, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Director of Lincoln International Business School, attended the talk and commented: “This was a rare opportunity to hear from someone who has been at the heart of both business and policy making and I found it fascinating.  I could see from the reaction of the audience that my view was widely shared”.  

Saida Acugba, a third year Accountancy and Finance student, praised the experience saying: “I had an amazing opportunity to be part of Sir Donald’s Brydon talk on the Audit reform! I have gained a unique insight on an audit career, which was eye-opening, and inspired me to think about the future of the Audit. It was a very well organised event, with an engaging discussion at the end.”

Watch the full lecture on the Lincoln International Business School YouTube channel, here: