LIBS Connect: Leading Innovation and Resilience – Insights from the health care system
On the 15th September 2021, The Lincoln International Business School was delighted to deliver its first face to face LIBS Connect event since the start of the pandemic. The focus of innovation and resilience within health care drew a strong audience who were delighted to participate and network once again.
Hosted by Professor Dean Fathers, Chair and Non-Executive Board Member, Mentor and Consultant, and Chris O’Neill, Director of the Humber Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership, the spotlight was on the UK health system and the many organisations and people who work within it. The Business School, along with guest speakers brought viewpoints on innovation, resilience, technology, and transformation to the fore, created meaningful dialogue and learning opportunities, with the focus firmly on the future and on the endless possibilities.
As part of the agenda the ConnecTED series provided the speakers below to bring a practical and academic view of health leadership in relation to innovation and technology, resilience, emotional leadership and responsible management.
- Professor Elena Antonacopoulou, Visiting Professor of Organisational Resilience
- Sandra McDonough, Eye Guide MC and James Pinchbeck, Marketing Partner Streets Chartered Accountants
- Dr Hilary Duckett, Senior Lecture, Lincoln International Business School
- Professor Shashi Balain, MD and CEO Shubhram
- Dr David Twigg, Director of Innovation and Impact, Lincoln International Business School
- Dr Oliver Gibson, VP, Product and Director Oxehealth
- David Evison and Bryan Lawrie, Arco
After lunch, Keynote Speakers, Chris O’Neill and Emeritus Professor Pali Hungin delivered an insightful look at health leadership which raised questions on the future and how we tackle inequality.
The event finished with a tour of the University of Lincoln’s newly opened Medical School by Professor Danny McLaughlin.
With grateful thanks to our key partners who supported with this event, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Institute of Directors and the Centre of Organisational Resilience.