Appointment of Visiting Professor of Sustainability, Risk Management and Finance

We are happy to share that Prof Sanlie Middelberg, Ph.D, FCMA, CGMA has been appointed as Visiting Professor of Sustainability, Risk Management and Finance at Lincoln International Business School, University of Lincoln.

Prof Middelberg is a Professor in the School of Accounting Sciences at the North-West University in South Africa. She is a South African National Research Foundation (NRF)-rated researcher. Prof Middelberg has taught several postgraduate and undergraduate courses, mainly specialising in financial strategy, risk management and financial management. Her research domain focuses on qualitative research in management accounting and finance. Her areas of expertise include: Risk management, Financial management, Sustainable finance, Sustainability reporting, Cyber risk, Cost management, Management accounting, Internal control processes, Financial strategy, Agricultural finance, Value chain financing and Action design research.

Prof Middelberg commented:

“I am delighted and honoured to be associated with a distinguished institution like the University of Lincoln as a Visiting Professor. I look forward to contributing to the already vibrant research culture and learning from and collaborating with the staff. I thank the university’s management and administrative staff for this opportunity. I extend a special appreciation to Director of Research Professor Simon Lilley, Head of Department of Accountancy, Finance, and Economics Siobhan Goggin, and Associate Professor Nadia Gulko, from the Lincoln International Business School, who were instrumental in my appointment. I also thank my employer, the North-West University in South Africa, for their continued support.”

A photo of professor